WE ARE ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
through the end of December 2011
Please call our office at 616-754-5772, or stop by and visit us at 124 W. GroveStreet, Greenville, Michigan.
Who Qualifies for a Habitat House?
Habitat for Humanity selects people who are trying to take care of their needs and be independent, but cannot afford simple decent housing.
In order to qualify, you must be able to demonstrate:
- A need for simple, decent housing
- The ability to pay a mortgage
- A willingness to partner with Habitat
You must be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident status (green card).
- You must have lived and/or worked in Montcalm County for at least one year.
- You must have a dependable source of income and that income must be within 30% to 60% of the median income for Montcalm County.
You must be willing to partner with Habitat by fulfilling a minimum of 250 sweat-equity hours per adult household member on the construction of your (or another) Habitat house. You must also be willing to attend the required budget and home ownership and maintenance classes.
How to Get Started
Collect the following required information for your application:
- Contact information for current and previous employers
- Pay stubs for last three months
- Last two years W-2′s and Income Tax Returns
- Recent proof of any cash assistance and food stamps received
- Proof of child support payments
- Proof of military benefits/workman’s comp
- Proof of any other income (for applicant(s) or any other person in the household who has an income)
- Rent receipts for last three months
- Current and previous landlord contact information
- Copy of utility bills for last three months
- List of all current debts and copies of credit card bills